For Support After a Crisis
For many Unitarian Universalists, when a crisis strikes one of our communities it is a natural response to reach out and help. Situations on the ground evolve and needs change quickly. This guide is intended to help a community in the midst of a crisis when financial support is needed.
What is in your tool kit when people or forces of nature cause trauma or disaster? Our Unitarian Universalist Association has many resources to help. Also the Unitarian Universalist Trauma Response Ministry is a team of trained individuals who can minister to those affected.
Beyond the impact of witness and presence with the community and connecting them to specific resources, helping raise funds can be an essential part of healing the system.
Faithify is a platform that will quickly allow funds to be solicited and collected without developing a separate infrastructure to account for or distribute the funds. Funds raised on faithify.org are sent directly to the affected community’s bank account.
Faithify charges no fee for hosting all campaigns on our site. More of your pledges go directly to supporting your community.
We waive the “All-or-Nothing” requirement for disaster relief campaigns.
Disaster Relief campaigns are created for a community in crisis that is working with UUA regional support staff and/or UUTRM volunteers. In recognition of the acute need faced in this sort of emergency, there is no minimum amount to raise. All funds pledged will be processed.
Faithify requirements for raising money for a Unitarian Universalist disaster relief campaign are:
- Recommendation from UUA regional staff or UUTRM volunteers
- Written authorization from the governing body or staff of the community
- Funds must be deposited in the community’s bank account.
Here’s what you need to launch an disaster relief campaign on Faithify :
- Photo – at least one, more are better
- Description of the need
- A bank account owned by the community for whom the funds are being raised that is located in a region served by our payment processor, Stripe
- A contact person who can respond to questions. This could be a designated Regional staff person or a volunteer who is familiar with your community.
Faithify is creating a small team of dedicated volunteers who will assist you in posting your campaign on Faithify . These are people who know the website and are comfortable working with our system.
Contact us to discuss starting a disaster relief campaign through Faithify.