- Unitarian Universalism Connection
Reversing Inequality Conference April 3 – 5 2017 in Washington D.C.
The Unitarian Universalists for a Just Economic Community (UUJEC) and the Unitarian Universalists for Social Justice (UUSJ) are hosting a three-day conference for UUs to learn and share best practices for economic justice and advocacy. UUJEC and UUSJ are organizations focused on mobilizing UUs for social justice and compassionate society.
The donations from the Faithify will be used for the costs of the speakers.
* Visit lawmakers to influence positive change.
* Hear from dynamic speakers on the latest issues, including Chuck Collins, (http://inequality.org/author/chuck-collins/), and Sister Simone Campbell (https://networklobby.org/staff/simonecampbellsss/).
* Growing inequality undermines American society, limits opportunity, and contradicts our key values.
* The skyrocketing inequality has wide ranging social implications from higher infant mortality rates to barriers to mobility such as the rising cost for education have multiplied. These effects decrease opportunities for individual growth do not engender respect for the inherent worth and dignity of every human being.
The new administration’s policies do not engender respect for the inherent worth and dignity of every human being. Now is the time to get engaged.
* Tax initiatives that will start to reverse the trend toward equity.
* how UUs values relate to policy decisions.
* How to talk to key lawmakers and their staffs as well as time provided for teams to do so.
* How to “bend the arc of history” toward justice.
The UUJEC/UUSJ conference “Reversing Inequality” will support efforts to create a more just and equitable society.