Most detainees are incarcerated for only the civil offense of lacking documentation. No one should risk serious sickness and possibly death because they do not have the right documents, but this is the reality detainees are facing as Covid19 positive cases and deaths rapidly increase within New Jersey’s jails and detention center.
YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED NOW!
UUFaithActionNJ has joined with our long-time advocacy partners to demand the release of immigrant detainees from these inhumane conditions. While we take this fight to ICE, detainees are desperate and alone. Your UU generosity can make a difference. A donation today will directly benefit a detainee in need.
In collaboration with our partner, First Friends of NJ and NY, who has ongoing support programs for immigration detainees, we are collecting donations to provide material support for both detainees who remain incarcerated as well as aid for those who are being released from detention. All donations collected go to:
- Purchase inmates’ personal products available in the facilities’ commissaries,
- Pay for added time on detainees’ phone cards so they can maintain contact with families, friends and attorneys,
- Pay for Uber rides for those released from detention, and
- Pay for additional Covid19 protection supplies (masks, gloves, hand sanitizers, etc.) for released detainees.
Our New Jersey detained neighbors need your support NOW! Your financial support furthers our first, second, and sixth UU Principals:
- Recognize the inherent worth and dignity of every person,
- Strive for justice, equity, and compassion in human relations, and
- Strive for a world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all.
PLEASE CONTRIBUTE HERE ON FAITHIFY.ORG AS GENEROUSLY AS YOU CAN TO SUPPORT NEW JERSEY’S DETAINEES.
While our UUFANJ funding goal on faithify.org is $1,000. Please, help us BLOW past this goal to foster immediate improvements for as many detainees as possible facing these horrendous life-threatening circumstances.
FORWARD THIS URGENT REQUEST FOR DONATIONS TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS, FRIENDS, AND ADVOCATES FOR JUSTICE.