- UU Connection
Always seeking new sources of fundraising, we thought why not give folks some music from our church that they could take home with them? We have captured some wonderful performances of UUCE’s singers and instrumentalists including our handbell choir and our newly revitalized vocal choir. We are asking for your help to bring this project to fruition so we can sell it to help fund our church’s programs and dreams.
At UUCE we are fortunate to have many talented musicians. Music used in our worship draws on a diverse array of sources ranging from UU minister, Rev. Meg Barnhouse and Emma’s Revolution to the likes of James Taylor, Paul Simon, Sam Cooke and even The Grateful Dead!
Every song on this project has been featured in worship at our church–some going back many years and some as recent as the last few months. They all embrace UUism in some form and they all bring an uplifting, positive message.
Parts of the project that have been donated:
- Time and talents of the performers
- Many hours of studio time, including engineering, editing and mixing
- Album art
The objective of this campaign is to pay for:
- Licensing the music so the writers and composers get their fair share
- Mastering the final mixes to get the most sparkle and punch from our music
- Duplicating 300 CDs, including printing Earth-friendly Ecopack covers and full color imprint on disc
- Printing and loading music and art on 50 flash drives
Funding this final phase of our project will enable us to realize 100% of our sales as profit. With your help we can sell our music and fund our dreams!
In addition to CDs the flash drives will contain the music in both mp3 and high resolution (44.1K) format to accommodate the folks who no longer buy CDs. As a bonus the drives will offer additional data storage space.