- UU Connection
Longmont Unitarian Universalist Presence is an emerging ministry initiated jointly by the UU Church of Boulder and Boulder Valley UU Fellowship of Lafayette in 2016. Together, we are growing our UU presence in Boulder County, Colorado.
Our goal is an innovative, multicultural, and multigenerational spiritual community for families. We are committed to intentionally creating opportunities that are engaging and collaborative. We are exploring a new model of church beyond bricks and mortar, using a multicultural ministry model, and grounded in strong lay and ministerial leadership.
With care, we have nurtured relationships between Longmont members of our two root congregations, tending to the joys and challenges of our shared histories. We are now including Namaqua Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Loveland into our leadership and reach. Our members gather around poetry, meditation, books, and meals. We deepen our connections at monthly community gatherings which are soulfully moving and meaningful. Social media is helping us reach new people familiar with Unitarian Universalism but unaffiliated with a congregation.
It’s time for the next step. Time to reach out in love and involve people new to our UU movement and searching for a deep and spiritually grounded community. We are ready to partner with other community groups and serve Longmont’s families.
This fall, LUUP will hold focus groups with local families to explore their longings and hopes, struggles and wisdom. Our programming will evolve and reflect our new learnings about the families and current opportunities of Longmont. We will continue to gather, make friends, and care for each other. Your donations will fund increased time for our ministerial organizer, space rental, community outreach, and curriculum. Donations of all amounts are valued. We have set a participation goal of 150 people. Show your support!
New programming possibilities:
- Covenant groups for parents
- Parenting and spirituality seminars
- Our Whole Lives lifespan sexuality education classes
- Summer youth camp
- Harry Potter as a Sacred Text group for youth and parents
Since our first meeting together, we have known that relationships are at the heart or our work. We are learning along the way together. What does it mean to be a UU in this time and place? Our strength comes from the efforts of many, past and present, directly and indirectly, who have opened their homes, engaged in challenging discussions and showed up for others in countless ways.
- Emily Conger serves as our current ministerial organizer for 15 hours per month.
- We receive ministerial support from Reverends Kelly Dignan, Lydia Ferrante-Roseberry, and Laurel Liefert.
- We receive financial support from BVUUF and UUCB.
- We received a Mountain Desert District Chalice Lighter Grant in 2016.
- In addition to our ministers, the following people have generously supported us by leading our Monthly Community Gatherings and providing music: Rev. Julia McKay, Rev. Cindy Pincus, Kim Mason, Christopher Watkins Lamb, Cole Hart, Tracy Bush, and Clint Brown.
- We have collected over $1,000 in offerings and given half of that to groups that support our values such as BLUU.
- We have sought support and guidance from Pacific Western Region consultants Rev. Tandi Rogers and Rev. Dr. Jonipher Kwong.
- Leadership attended denominational gatherings, including the Intercultural Development Inventory Workshop and Mosaic Makers Conference in San Diego.
- Our monthly newsletter reaches over 200 people.
- Find us on Facebook and Meetup. Contact us at email@example.com
07/20/2018Past learning fellow$25.00
07/19/2018Joint donation from Fred Cole and Barbara Richards$300.00
07/16/2018Spread that Abbitt love!$50.00
07/14/2018Congratulations on the progress you hve made$25.00
07/10/2018It's been exciting to watch the LUUP grow and bring UU values into this part of Boulder County. A tribute to our faith.3772$30.00