- Unitarian Universalism Connection
- We, (members of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Centre County) will build a home for a poor indigenous family in Panajachel Guatemala. The materials to construct a home (mortar, cement block, sand, windows etc. cost $8,000. We have already raised $4,000 for this project. We ask for your help to raise another $4,000 so we can make this a reality.
- A significant amount of houses in rural Guatemala among the indigenous poor do not contain basic necessities and are often built with insubstantial materials that can put families in danger on a daily basis. They often lack basic necessities like running water.
- The home we will build will be anti-seismic and have ample room, sanitation, latrines and showers.
- This is our third trip to Panjachel. Previously we installed efficient wood stoves and water filters.
- Last year we met up with a group from Seattle that lost two of their volunteers due to sickness and accident. They were glad to accept our offer of help to build the house they were working on. This year we want to complete our own house.
- We work with a charity in Panjachel called Mayan Families (www.mayanfamilies.org) In addition to building homes they have a medical clinic, several preschools, vocational training, nutrition and other programs.
UUFCC is a 501c3 non-profit so donations are tax deductible.