- Successful2019 Building Beloved Community Beyond the Binary$1,545 RaisedGOAL: $1,545 Help us put love into action. It is our hope that this one day conference will be a place where trans and gender non-conforming folk can gather, connect and learn and where cisgender folk can learn about being better allies. We are also hoping that by hosting this conference we will make a BOLD statement to our larger community that we are building beloved community beyond the binary.
- SuccessfulTijuana Homebuild with Casas de Luz$5,448 RaisedStretch Added! NEW GOAL: $5,700 Congregants from Chalice Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Escondido, California will spend October 26-27, 2019 in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, building a home for a Tijuana family with the UU non-profit Casas de Luz. Press the Donate button below to help us raise the additional $4700 we need toward the $6200 cost of building materials, so 30-40 Chalice congregants can join Casas volunteers to complete a 16' x 24' three-room home with bathroom over two days.
- SuccessfulSponsorship of Asylum-Seeking Immigrants$3,300 RaisedSTRETCH GOAL $7,200 The Community Church of Chapel Hill, North Carolina (UU) has officially declared itself a Sanctuary Congregation. We have worked strenuously to prepare ourselves to welcome poor and oppressed immigrants into our church. We seek donations to defray the burdensome cost for release on bond, transportation from San Diego, and ongoing support of our first asylum-seeker.
- EndedHelp us REOPEN Downtown Church in Greenfield MA after asbestos found$6,475 RaisedGOAL $17,000 DISASTER RELIEF CAMPAIGN Discovery of asbestos in a small rehab project led local Health Dept to close the entire church impacting not only the congregation and staff, but over 100 individuals served weekly by Stone Soup Café, housed at the church. Required remediation costs are expected to be over $32k !
- SuccessfulEmpower Marginalized Bolivian Women to Create Change!$5,080 RaisedGOAL $5,000 Grassroots women’s leadership is vital to gender equality and to developing resilient, sustainable communities. The program supports marginalized Bolivian women and girls in becoming a powerful force for change in their families and communities by building income-generating and leadership skills as well as developing self-esteem, confidence, and capacities for long-term success.
- SuccessfulCharleston, WV UU Heavy Rain Damage Disaster Relief$1,500 RaisedGOAL $5,000 DISASTER RELIEF CAMPAIGN Our congregation was recently struck by disaster when we received heavy rains that caused significant damage to our rental property. This property is next door to our main building and provides crucial income that we depend on to support our congregation. We are asking for help to cover the cost of repairs.
- SuccessfulVolunteers cancel, Guatemala town struggles$3,900 RaisedGOAL $3,000 The Chico Mendes Reforestation Project in Pachaj, Guatemala relies on volunteers from all over the world to protect the ecosystem in the Highlands of Guatemala by planting trees. Nine volunteer groups canceled their trips due to the covid-19 pandemic, causing the Project’s volunteer coordinators, families providing home stays, and Spanish teachers to suddenly lose income. As a partner, the Unitarian Universalist Society in Coralville, Iowa, hopes to ensure that Pachaj’s residents are supported financially and that the reforestation continues.
- SuccessfulUnitarian Universalist Meetinghouse of Provincetown Sanctuary Restoration$23,500 RaisedSTRETCH GOAL: $15,000 Sanctuary restoration and accessibility project – to sensitively restore the pews, floors and interior using historically appropriate conservation methods and increase accessibility to the Sanctuary at the Unitarian Universalist Meetinghouse of Provincetown.
- SuccessfulHelp Undocumented Students Stay in College$6,525 RaisedGOAL $5,000 Fund emergency grants to help undocumented students pay rent, tuition or other critical expenses that threaten their ability to stay in college. The University of California Davis recently announced new restrictions on funding for this purpose — and student need is greater than ever due to the pandemic.
- SuccessfulHelp Create a Brighter Future for Vulnerable Transylvanian Girls$5,335 Raised$5,000 DISASTER RELIEF The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the digital divide and put children’s education in peril. This project will help provide vulnerable girls in Transylvania with digital devices to participate in remote learning. This is more than just giving out laptops – it’s a pathway to opportunity.