- SuccessfulTransylvania Village Life Festival$2,150 RaisedThe Partner Church Circle of the UU Congregation of Fairfax is raising funds to supplement the travel costs of a visit by 14 youth and adults from our partner church in Szentgerice, Romania. Their visit in October 2018 will include a presentation of an intergenerational Transylvanian Village Life Festival demonstrating Transylvanian dance & crafts and a joint service project.
- EndedRELIEF FUND Hurricane Michael Rebuild$1,755 RaisedThis is a Disaster Relief campaign. The "All-or-Nothing" goal is removed. All pledges made will be processed. The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Bay County's Religious Education Buildings are unusable after Hurricane Michael. Help us rebuild!
- SuccessfulCatalyze the UU Climate Justice Movement$10,150 RaisedGOAL $10,000 Climate Justice is a UU moral imperative. Your donation will strengthen UU Climate Justice ministries by funding UUMFE & the Create Climate Justice initiative, & scholarships for young UUs and UUs of the global majority to attend important convergences over the next 3 months.
- EndedHelp us REOPEN Downtown Church in Greenfield MA after asbestos found$6,475 RaisedGOAL $17,000 DISASTER RELIEF CAMPAIGN Discovery of asbestos in a small rehab project led local Health Dept to close the entire church impacting not only the congregation and staff, but over 100 individuals served weekly by Stone Soup Café, housed at the church. Required remediation costs are expected to be over $32k !
- SuccessfulSaving Split Rock$4,353 RaisedSTRETCH GOAL $4,000 For Indigenous peoples, a church is not a building but a part of the natural world, a sacred site which they hold dear. The Ramapough Lenape Nation is working to preserve their sacred site, Split Rock or Tahetaway, which means the Gate which Opens. Split Rock is a sacred site, located at the top of their mountain. It is a large turtle bolder, which has been known to have many healing properties. It is considered to be the gateway to the continent; archeologists have qualified it to be designated for historical preservation, like other sites located in Canada. Our goal is to reactivate the site and place a large tipi for holding ceremonies. Anushiik! (Thank you)
- EndedFire and Accessibility: Rebuilding and Outreach in Appalachia$1,535 RaisedDISASTER RELIEF: All gifts will be processed for this project (Goal $9,500) 100% Volunteer-run congregation needs further post-fire repairs & accessibility additions so we may return to full service and inclusive outreach.