- SuccessfulHelp create bail equity at the Valley Street Jail in Manchester, NH$6,720 RaisedWe are a group of Unitarian Universalists in alliance with the Manchester NH NAACP seeking bail equity in the Valley Street jail in Manchester, New Hampshire by creating a bail fund for those owing $1,000 or less, who are overwhelmingly poor and/or people of color, and are languishing in jail, their lives disrupted.
- SuccessfulDestination Dignity! Partnering with Refugees in Greece to Build a Vocational School and Worker’s Cooperative.$11,844 RaisedThis is a wonderful opportunity for UUs to partner with refugee communities in Greece as they re-establish lives of worth and dignity. Over 65,000 refugees have been trapped in Greece for more than 2 years. Many are beginning to lose hope and to despair of ever being acknowledged as anything other than a refugee.
- SuccessfulOpen FirstSteps Re-entry House for People Returning Home From Prison to Champaign Co, Illinois$8,495 RaisedSTRETCH GOAL $9,000. Please help open the doors of FirstSteps, a transitional house for people returning home from prison to Champaign County, Illinois. The house will prioritize men who would otherwise return homeless, a critical need in the community. FirstSteps will offer a program for success. FirstFollowers peer mentors, who have all been through the criminal justice system themselves, will support each resident on their journey back into the community.
- SuccessfulSaving Split Rock$4,353 RaisedSTRETCH GOAL $4,000 For Indigenous peoples, a church is not a building but a part of the natural world, a sacred site which they hold dear. The Ramapough Lenape Nation is working to preserve their sacred site, Split Rock or Tahetaway, which means the Gate which Opens. Split Rock is a sacred site, located at the top of their mountain. It is a large turtle bolder, which has been known to have many healing properties. It is considered to be the gateway to the continent; archeologists have qualified it to be designated for historical preservation, like other sites located in Canada. Our goal is to reactivate the site and place a large tipi for holding ceremonies. Anushiik! (Thank you)
- SuccessfulImmigrant Detainees Face Horrendous COVID-19 Conditions$3,575 RaisedSTRETCH GOAL $5,000 As Covid-19 rages through New Jersey’s penal system, thousands of undocumented immigrants detained by ICE in four New Jersey jails and one detention center desperately need our help to stem the tide of disease and death among incarcerated undocumented detainees. UUFaithAction New Jersey, in partnership with First Friends of NJ and NY, is raising funds to provide NJ’s immigrant detainees with resources during the coronavirus pandemic.
- SuccessfulGay For Good – Board Development$2,500 RaisedGOAL $2,500 For Pride this year, show your support of LGBTQ communities with a gift to Gay For Good, the nation’s leading LGBTQ volunteer service organization. Now serving sixteen cities across the USA, our all-volunteer board is rising to the challenge of non-profit board service by hiring a governance coach. Your gift will help us build on recent successes and strengthen the work we do in service to our communities.