- SuccessfulHelp Save Our Historic Sacred Space From Stormy Weather$10,205 RaisedNew Stretch Goal: $12,000 Olympia Brown UU Church in Racine, WI needs your help to replace our roof. It was supposed to last several years more, but unexpectedly started leaking and is threatening to damage interior walls and our historic organ.
- SuccessfulSongleaders Convergence$5,040 RaisedGOAL $5,000 The 1st UU Songleaders Convergence will be a gathering for songleaders of all kinds to share skills, best practices, wisdom, and of course, songs. We'll gather for a week of learning and networking, to nurture a deeper culture of community singing in our congregations and wider community. This important gathering is hosted by the Association for UU Music Ministries.
- SuccessfulAllison & Carol’s Excellent GA Adventure!$3,900 RaisedGOAL $3,700 What’s rarer than a Unitarian Universalist or an African-American in Hawaii? An African-American Unitarian Universalist in Hawaii! Wouldn’t it be great to help two UU African-American women in Hawaii (who run the gamut from “lifer” to “newbie”) get to GA?
- SuccessfulInternational Youth Pilgrimage$13,185 RaisedSTRETCH GOAL $15,000 The UU Partner Church Council and the Hungarian Unitarian Church youth organization will collaboratively lead a youth pilgrimage/summer camp in Transylvania in July 2020. Fifteen high school-age youth from North America will join a similar number of Transylvanian youth for this life-changing and faith-changing experience.
- SuccessfulThe Ordination and Installation of John Eric Severson$2,050 RaisedGOAL $2,000 Support an ordination 25 years in the making! Eric began theological studies in 1994. He received his M.Div. in 1998. Then life got in the way. After two decades, he still felt called to ministry and took the necessary steps toward getting credentialed. Last May he was called to serve full time at the UU Fellowship of Midland, MI, and he began last August. Now it's time to make it official, and the congregation could use your help!
- SuccessfulVolunteers cancel, Guatemala town struggles$3,900 RaisedGOAL $3,000 The Chico Mendes Reforestation Project in Pachaj, Guatemala relies on volunteers from all over the world to protect the ecosystem in the Highlands of Guatemala by planting trees. Nine volunteer groups canceled their trips due to the covid-19 pandemic, causing the Project’s volunteer coordinators, families providing home stays, and Spanish teachers to suddenly lose income. As a partner, the Unitarian Universalist Society in Coralville, Iowa, hopes to ensure that Pachaj’s residents are supported financially and that the reforestation continues.
- SuccessfulSaving Split Rock$4,353 RaisedSTRETCH GOAL $4,000 For Indigenous peoples, a church is not a building but a part of the natural world, a sacred site which they hold dear. The Ramapough Lenape Nation is working to preserve their sacred site, Split Rock or Tahetaway, which means the Gate which Opens. Split Rock is a sacred site, located at the top of their mountain. It is a large turtle bolder, which has been known to have many healing properties. It is considered to be the gateway to the continent; archeologists have qualified it to be designated for historical preservation, like other sites located in Canada. Our goal is to reactivate the site and place a large tipi for holding ceremonies. Anushiik! (Thank you)
- SuccessfulNashua Host Home Network$8,217 RaisedSTRETCH GOAL: $7,000. This will allow us to completely pay for the attorney fees for Ina. Thank you for helping us to reach this stretch. We are raising money to help an asylum seeker have legal representation to present her case before a judge and hopefully remain in the US.