Connecting a Stripe Account is mandatory for launching a campaign on FAITHIFY. Here’s how to do it:
1. Create a FAITHIFY account
(if you have done this, skip to step 2)
Campaigns on FAITHIFY are linked to one user account. Register for a user account in the name of the congregation/organization/individual responsible for the project with the email address from which you would like receive FAITHIFY communications (pledge notifications/receipts, campaign updates, etc.)
- If you already drafted a campaign in a personal account and want to change the FAITHIFY account associated with the project, contact us.
2. Connect to Stripe
From your FAITHIFY account Dashboard, you will be able to connect to our payment processor, Stripe, by using the “Creator Account” tab and clicking the “Connect with Stripe” button.
If you already have a Stripe account, sign in using your Stripe login credentials by clicking the “Sign In” link at the top right of the window that pops up.
Create a new Stripe account with the name and email of the project owner by following the directions on the screen.
- Note: When you activate your account, if you/your organization does not have a tax ID, you can skip the EIN field altogether.
3. Connecting Your Bank Account
In order to receive the funds from your pledges, you’ll need to associate a bank account to your Stripe account for receiving payouts. You can update your bank account information for your Stripe account at any time by going to your Stripe dashboard from the Stripe website.
- Note: Bank accounts must be located in the country where their currency is based–for example, USD banks accounts must be based in the United States. Check the Stripe website for information on non-US accounts.
Supported bank account types: A standard checking bank account with a financial institution must be provided. Other types of bank accounts (e.g., savings) or those with a virtual bank account provider (e.g., e-wallet or cross-border services) are not supported.
Click “Authorize access to this Account” to send a verification to the email address for your Stripe account. Once you allow Faithify to be connected, you should see a check mark in the Stripe button.